2019 | IEEE Entrepreneurship for Sustainable Development
Photo Left to right – Diploma in Biomedical Engineering Ocwich Francis, CEO of Solar Net metering Uganda Janati Nakimera, Bachelor of Electrical Engineering Atuhaire Banura Edwin, Diploma in Biomedical Engineering Kabiito Riz Paul
IEEE Entrepreneurship for Sustainable Development was held on 2019 November 09. The event was organized by the Entrepreneurship Ambassador for IEEE Region 8, Ms Janati Nakimera, in partnership with IEEE Uganda Section and the IEEE Kyambogo University Students Branch.
The event was a success, as there were 50 participants at Kyambogo University, and the theme focused on “Promoting Entrepreneurship Through Innovation.”
The judges identified teams with different innovations, as creativity was a major criteria. Nine teams presented their pitches to the judging team:
- Ezabo Baron | 2019 IEEE Uganda Section Steering Committee Leadership
- Hilda Kyobe | Head of ICT Department, Young Men’s Christian Association Institute (YMCA, Kampala)
- Male Vincent | Lecturer, Faculty of Computing, Makerere University, Kampala
The IEEE Uganda Section recognized the following teams as recipients of the pitch competition:
- Atuhaire Banura Edwin | Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (Year 3), Kyambogo University, Kampala
- Kabiito Riz Paul | Diploma in Biomedical Engineering (Year 2), Kyambogo University, Kampala
- Ocwich Francis | Diploma in Biomedical Engineering (Year 2), Kyambogo University, Kampala
The judges picked the top three teams and they will join a mentoring program to enable them to continuously work on improving their idea. Two of the three winners will join IEEE Region 8 Pitch Competitions which will be announced soon.