IEEE Entrepreneurship Stars of Slingshot 2020 Selected!
For the third year in a row, leaders from IEEE Entrepreneurship and the IEEE Singapore Section hosted the IEEE Entrepreneurship Stars Recognition Program at Slingshot 2020.
Slingshot is part of the Singapore Week of Innovation and Technology (SWITCH), organized by the National Research Foundation (NRF) and Enterprise Singapore (ESG). Slingshot is known as “The Start-up Competition” event of Asia Pacific.
“A total of more than S$7.5 million worth of startup resources and support were provided to startups at the fourth year of SLINGSHOT 2020, held virtually for the first time. It attracted over 7,500 applications from more than 150 countries, including Australias, Canada, China, Germany, India, Indonesia, Isreal, Japan, Nigeria, the United Kingdom, and the United States.”
Applicants included technology companies with product minimally in the prototype stage and many already in-market in the following six sectors:
- Digital Solutions, Consumer Products & Services
- Health-Tech, BioTech & MedTech
- Manufacturing, Logistics & Transportation
- FoodTech & Agritech
- Urban Solutions, Sustainability & Energy
In October, the top 100 finalists were selected, and the 2020 IEEE Entrepreneurship Stars Judging Team was given access to the finalists’ applications in preparation for IEEE review and selection.
The IEEE Team and IEEE Entrepreneurship Stars Judging Team included:
- Kush Agarwal, Co-Founder, Synapse Technologies, SmartClean Technologies, WaveScan Technologies
- Leo Hwa Chiang, Director of Singapore Operations, IEEE
- Haymon Sinapius, Investment Manager, Bernhard Schulte INNOPORT
IEEE Judges scrutinized the top 100 finalists and selected four tech start-ups to join the 2020 IEEE Entrepreneurship Stars.
Candidate ventures were chosen based upon the engineering-driven innovation at their core, as well as their alignment with the IEEE core purpose to foster technology, innovation, and excellence for the benefit of humanity. These Stars exemplify each of these traits.
- F–drones is building drones that can deliver 100kg loads over 100km to ships & offshore platforms autonomously. They can help save 80% in costs, time & emissions for maritime last-mile deliveries.
- Augmentus offers the first no-code and fully-integrated AI-robot programming platform that enables non-technical users to program industrial robots in minutes instead of months.
- PhoMedics Ltd’s patented CHAMP microscope alongside our deep-learning algorithm is the fastest and most accurate solution in detecting cancer cells intraoperatively and eliminating second cancer surgeries.
- TFi Wireless Power Network is creating the world’s first long-range, safe, and efficient Wireless Power Network (WPN). Our vision is to provide access to power to anyone, anywhere at any time.
IEEE Entrepreneurship looks forward to attending Slingshot in 2021 and expanding the IEEE involvement with the content and programming of the Singapore Week of Innovation and Technology (SWITCH.)
Congratulations to our IEEE Entrepreneurship Stars!