2020 | Acumen and IKEA Social Entrepreneurship East Africa Accelerator
CALLING ALL SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURS!
Applications are officially opened for the Acumen and IKEA Social Entrepreneurship East Africa Accelerator.
- Learn to scale their social enterprise business model
- Receive individualized support from IKEA coaches and Acumen facilitators
- Get to be part of a dynamic peer community of social enterprise leaders
- Get to take part in a final summit to network with investors and supporters
- Have an opportunity to be one of two teams who will be selected for $25,000 in seed funding
In partnership with IKEA Social Entrepreneurship, Acumen has packaged an accelerator program designed to support social entrepreneurs to develop a scalable business model. This 19-week program aims to strengthen the capacity of social enterprises in East Africa to scale and improve the lives of the populace.
IKEA Social Entrepreneurship is an initiative within IKEA that’s all about making a positive impact. It works with pioneers and pathfinders who use their business as a way to make everyday life better for those who need it most and strives towards a more equal and inclusive society. Read More.
You are qualified to apply if you:
- Run a social enterprise (nonprofit or for-profit) based in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, or Ethiopia
- Have demonstrated market traction and are post-revenue
- Have a team equivalent to 3 full-time staff
- Focus on promoting livelihoods, equality, and inclusion