Start-up funding is key to entrepreneurs. This edition of the Demystifying Series will explore the pros and cons of various sources of funding — both dilutive and non-dilutive funding. Topics include boot-strapping, pitching, SBIRs, angel investment, Venture Capital investment, etc.
Our discussion focuses on some of the following questions.
- Explain the difference between dilutive vs. non-dilutive funding
- Explain how you can boot-strap a company
- Self- funding
- Friends and families
- Pitch competitions
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIRs)
- Other grants
- What is the best way to meet investors and get them interested in me?
- How do valuations work from seed funding thru Series A, B, ….
- What methods are used by investors for valuations
- How can I maintain control of my company?
- % share ownership
- Board seats