Most of the start-up focus in the news is on Silicon Valley and Unicorns, but in reality, most start-ups are small global start-ups. They get less attention because they are outside the US. This discussion seeks to explore start-ups in different continents and countries and understand how they are different or similar to the US-based ones.
The goal of the Dem
Some questions / points to explore:
- How do you think start-ups in your country differ from what you see in the US?
- What types of resources are available in your country for start-ups?
- Does your country’s government provide grants to start-ups?
- Do you think the US Silicon Valley VC model would work in your country?
- In the US we have LLCs, Delaware C Corps, S Corps, etc as ways to register a company, how does it work in your country?
- Are there non-profit registration categories also in your country?
- How can IEEE Entrepreneurship help global start-ups?