Cleveland NeuroDesign Entrepreneurs Workshop
24 – 26 September 2021
Location: Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
Presented by: Medtronic
Supported and sponsored by: Cleveland FES, Abbott, Facebook Reality Labs, and IEEE Brain
The Cleveland NeuroDesign Entrepreneurs Workshop is an interactive workshop for advanced degree students and early career professionals to build entrepreneurial skills in neurotechnology using the proven Biodesign method.
Calling all advanced degree students and early career professionals interested in building entrepreneurial skills in neurotechnology!
Deadline: 15 August
The NeuroDesign Entrepreneurs Workshop is a weekend event using the Biodesign process to explore all aspects of health tech entrepreneurship — all through the lens of neurotechnology. Featuring an amazing faculty and cohort of students, this course will prepare you for a career in neurotech startups and provide you with an amazing network to help you as you get started.
Participants will be formed into teams and assigned a clinical need, then work with faculty, advisors, and mentors to design a solution and build a business plan around their solution. Teams will receive didactic instruction, mentoring, and one-on-one advising throughout the program. To end the program, teams will pitch their solutions to a group of judges.
- Participants arrive on Friday afternoon
- Welcome dinner, with introductory lectures on needs finding and the Biodesign process
- Teams begin work on designing solutions to their assigned clinical need
- A full day of working through the Biodesign process to investigate IP, regulatory, market, reimbursement, and business strategies for possible solutions to the clinical needs
- A lunch featuring speakers from our sponsors discussing the different ways PhDs are employed in the industry
- Plenty of time for networking with the amazing group of student and faculty attendees
- A nice dinner with fun activities and more Biodesign, networking, and an assignment due on Sunday morning
- Faculty reception
- Lectures on financing a startup and financing strategy
- Interactive pitch workshop
- Pitch your new business idea to a team of judges!
- Fly out on Sunday afternoon
Application deadline: 15 August 2021
Workshop dates: 24 – 26 September 2021
Location: Case Western Reserve University
Registration fees: FREE. Students admitted into the program will be provided with two nights of lodging at the conference hotel. Meals will also be provided at the event.
Travel costs: Students are responsible for travel costs. Travel awards may be provided to provide partial reimbursements, depending on availability.
Applicants will be notified by 23 August 2021, of their admission status. Those admitted will be required to commit or decline no later than 11:59 pm EDT on 27 August 2021.