Applications are now open for The Water Council’s Fall 2021 Tech Challenge. The Water Council and its sponsors – A. O. Smith Corporation, Badger Meter, Watts Water Technologies, and Xylem – are looking for solutions in the following categories:
- Technology solutions to lower operating expenses in aerobic wastewater treatment
- IoT-enabled water quality sensors
- Microbial control in distribution systems and buildings
Selected applicants will present their solutions to the corporate sponsors to compete for up to US$10,000 in funding, the potential for joint commercialization, and access to sponsoring companies’ R&D expertise.
Application Deadline: 01 November 2021
Water technology innovators from anywhere in the world — including individuals, university students or researchers, water professionals, or private-sector and government labs — are invited to apply.
As an applicant, your application will be reviewed by the corporate R&D team sponsors, and if you are chosen, you’ll get the opportunity to present your innovation to A.O. Smith, Badger Meter, Watts Water Technologies, and Xylem to compete for:
- A top prize of US$10,000
- Opportunity for joint commercialization with market leaders
- Access to sponsoring companies’ R&D team expertise