IEEE Entrepreneurship is pleased to announce applications for the IEEE Entrepreneurship Impact Award are now open.
This award will recognize an individual who has had a significant impact on the engineering-driven entrepreneurial ecosystem. The accomplishments of the candidate should be of “significant importance” and should have made a distinguishing contribution to the entrepreneurial ecosystem of a country/region.
- Both IEEE Members and Non-IEEE Members may self-apply or be nominated by others
- Candidates cannot be members of the IEEE Entrepreneurship Awards Committee.
- Candidates must not be past recipients of the IEEE Entrepreneurship Impact Award.
- Eligibility and Selection process shall comply with procedures and regulations established in IEEE and Society/Council governing documents, particularly with IEEE Policy 4.4 on Awards Limitations.
- Nominations will be submitted via the IEEE Entrepreneurship Impact Award Nomination form
- Self-nominations are accepted
- Nominators cannot be members of the IEEE Entrepreneurship Awards Committee
- Nominations should comply with IEEE Policies and restrictions on awards. Incidents of misconduct including, but not limited to, violations of IEEE’s publication policies, will be strongly considered by the awards committee and may be grounds for denial of an award or leadership position.
Award recipients will be scored and selected based on the following judging criteria:
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Value creation
The person/team will receive an honorarium of $2000 USD and a plaque commemorating their achievement.
Submissions will be accepted through 31 August 2022 followed by a thorough review in September.
The recipient will be selected by September 30th and announced during the first week of October.