John Deere and the Austin Technology Incubator announce GroundBreakers Austin, a pitch competition for innovative software and hardware technologies.
On 15 September 2022, 10 startups will pitch to an audience of Austin’s startup community and John Deere leaders to win a spot in John Deere’s Startup Collaborator, mentorship from John Deere experts, and US$12,000 in cash prizes. Applications are due on 05 August 2022.
The competition is seeking startups building new technologies that can be deployed by the broad range of John Deere equipment that helps our customers be more efficient and effective with the jobs they do. Areas of interest include but are not limited to:
- Hardware and software related to the sensing and analysis of soil and plant health in real time
- Enablers of job automation and autonomy
- Display, sensor, and receiver technologies to further refine the machine’s ability to report its status and performance, as well as to utilize information coming from sensors and other data feeds
- Mobile web customer dashboard and engagement technologies (i.e., UI/UX enhancements)
- Technologies focused on the development and integration of alternative-energy powertrain systems and their supporting infrastructure
- Scanning and reality capture technology
- FinTech opportunities that help customers more deeply and seamlessly connect with their various upstream and downstream market actors
- Technologies that support improved practices, tracking, and analysis related to sustainable, regenerative, or carbon-smart agriculture
Application Deadline:05 August 2022
The selected finalists will also be invited to a private reception with leaders of Austin’s startup ecosystem at John Deere’s new Innovation Center on South Congress Avenue in Austin, Texas, and receive pitch coaching from the Austin Technology Incubator.
Applications will be open until Friday, 05 August, with finalists announced by Friday, 19 August. The pitch competition is in person in Austin, Texas so startups will be expected to travel to participate. The Austin-based John Deere and Austin Technology Incubator teams will also help finalists engage with the broader Austin startup ecosystem while in town.
Hear how John Deere works with startups in the Startup Collaborator
Note: Do not include confidential information in your application.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.