Demystifying Deep Tech Manufacturing – Maria Telleria
Demystifying Deep Tech Manufacturing – Episode Two features real-world knowledge and advice from those with experience on the topic: Maria Telleria, Co-founder & CTO, Canvas, and Andra Keay, 2022 Team Lead, Deep Tech Team, 2022 IEEE Entrepreneurship Steering Committee.
The Demystifying Deep Tech Manufacturing Series aims to answer how to best support emerging deep tech startups from the perspective of deep tech founders.
A lot of content exists about helping startups form and go from idea to prototype.
But what about the critical next stage, going from prototype to production?
Watch the entire video now!
- 0:00 Introduction
- 2:09 Company Description: Maria Telleria – (Canvas)
- 4:25 Company Description: How do robots contribute to worker safety?
- 6:54 Product Design: What are the challenges of working with soft robotics?
- 13:39 Product Design: What is an example of the off-the-shelf technology you adapted?
- 4:14 Scaling to Production: What were your biggest challenges going from a lab prototype to production?
- 20:24 Scaling to Production: What were your biggest challenges going from a lab prototype to production?
- 9:17 Scaling to Production: How did you develop to complete the transition to your current stage?
- 21:58 Scaling to Production: Did any part of going to production take much longer than expected?
- 15:48 Manufacturing: How did you find your manufacturing partners?
- 11:36 Manufacturing: How do you manufacture your product? What is the breakdown between in-house and contract?
- 18:26 Supply Chain: How do you deal with supply chain challenges?
- 26:41 Advise and Support: What were the skills you had that helped in the process? What skills did you need to develop?
- 28:57 Advise and Support: What are some useful platforms and tools you found?
- 31:39 Final Words