Demystifying Deep Tech Manufacturing – Sarah Placella
Demystifying Deep Tech Manufacturing – Episode Three features real-world knowledge and advice from those with experience on the topic: Sarah Placella, Founder & CEO, Root Applied Sciences, and Kira Gardner, 2022 Deep Tech Team, 2022 IEEE Entrepreneurship Steering Committee.
The Demystifying Deep Tech Manufacturing Series aims to answer how to best support emerging deep tech startups from the perspective of deep tech founders.
A lot of content exists about helping startups form and go from idea to prototype.
But what about the critical next stage, going from prototype to production?
Watch the entire video now!
- 0:00 Introduction
- 2:29 Company Description: Sarah Placella – (Root Applied Science)
- 3:20 Company Description: How long has Root Applied Science been active and what other startups have you worked for?
- 7:17 Product Design: What was your prototyping process?
- 13:10 Product Design: What criteria did you use to select your components?
- 16:03 Product Design: How do you decide what quality is required?
- 17:59 Advise and Support: How do you engage with experts to help you through the process?
- 19:56 Advise and Support: What were the skills you had that helped in the process? What skills did you need to develop?
- 24:06 Advise and Support: What are some useful platforms and tools you found?
- 26:25 Final Words