Demystifying Deep Tech Manufacturing – Marcus Lehmann
Demystifying Deep Tech Manufacturing – Episode Six features real-world knowledge and advice from those with experience on the topic: Marcus Lehmann, Co-Founder & CEO, CalWave Power Technologies, Inc., and Kira Gardner, 2022 Deep Tech Team, 2022 IEEE Entrepreneurship Steering Committee.
The Demystifying Deep Tech Manufacturing Series aims to answer how to best support emerging deep tech startups from the perspective of deep tech founders.
A lot of content exists about helping startups form and go from idea to prototype.
But what about the critical next stage, going from prototype to production?
Watch the entire video now!
- 0:00 Introduction
- 2:19 Company Description: Marcus Lehmann – (Calwave)
- 3:44 Product Design: How did you handle the transition from prototype to demonstration unit when there is no generally accepted system architecture for wave power?
- 14:26 Scaling to Production: How does TRL help explain the difference between deep tech development and regular product development?
- 17:25 Scaling to Production: Other than sourcing, did you run into any further critical bottlenecks scaling to pilot production?
- 27:50 Scaling to Production: What were the surprises you encountered during pilot development?
- 20:04 Manufacturing: How do you balance domestic and international outsourcing?
- 9:28 Supply Chain: How did you source components for low-quantity, high-quality production?
- 23:35 Advise and Support: How do you engage with experts to help you through the process?
- 35:01 Final Words