1. I expressly acknowledge that I am knowingly and voluntarily taking part in the IEEE Entrepreneurship Founder Office Hours (the “Program”).
2. I understand the mentorship insight given to me is provided without representation or warranty. Should I choose to apply what I may learn from my volunteer mentor of the Program I do so of my own discretion.
3. I understand that the information that may be provided to me is not that of a consultant and purely a voluntary mentorship. No consulting relationship, joint venture, independent contractor, or agency relationship is created, in any way, by either the mentor or mentee as part of their participation.
4. I release and forever waive any claims I may have against IEEE or the participants in the Program in connection with my participation.
5. I understand that my relationship to the Program volunteer is that of a volunteer mentor and that no employment, agency or other relationship is created with either the volunteer or IEEE.
6. I understand that my participation may be governed by additional IEEE policies and procedures including, but not limited to the IEEE Code of Ethics and IEEE Code of Conduct.
7. To the extent I share information with the Program volunteer I represent that such information does not violate the rights of any third party. I further represent that I shall not solicit nor share technical information with any other volunteer in the Program.
8. I agree that I may be asked by IEEE to provide feedback on the Program. Should I provide such feedback to IEEE, IEEE will have the right to use this feedback and attribute statements to me, which are expressions of my personal experience and belief, which may be contained in any resulting media. I agree that no portion of the resulting media containing my name, biographical information, quotes, photographs, or recorded interviews needs to be submitted for any approval prior to my participation.
9. I represent I am able to participate in these activities and that, to the extent it is required, I have obtained the permission of my employer, institution, etc. prior to my participation.
10. I understand that IEEE may terminate this Program, and its mentorship, in its sole discretion for any reason including, but not limited to, response to sanctions, laws, regulations, legal restriction, or availability.
11. The IEEE Entrepreneurship Founder Office Hours is strictly a volunteer activity. The mentor connections are one on one and designed to provide non-technical guidance to entrepreneurs at any stage. All profits that the program may incur will gear towards the support and scaling of future IEEE Entrepreneurship endeavors.
12. Participation in the program includes a single 30-minute session. Subsequent sessions are not guaranteed but may take place at the discretion of the individual mentor.
13. I acknowledge that I have carefully read and understand this document and what it means with respect to my participation. I warrant, represent, and agree that I have the full power and authority to enter into this agreement.