2018 | HKN Student Leadership Conference
This event is an IEEE N3XT® Affiliate Event, and will include a session that focuses on the role of innovation and entrepreneurship in science and engineering as it relates to the topic of the conference on the whole.
IEEE Entrepreneurship is working with IEEE-HKN to produce a panel on Sunday 15 April 2018 at the Student Leadership conference in at the University of Gainsville, Florida between 9:30-11:30am. This panel will be made up of 5-6 Volunteers, divided between specialists in start-up and exciting tech and Entrepreneurship. The panel will be 2 hours in length, and will be presented to the entire SLC body, as well as additional invitees with a cost set at a date in the near future.
- The role continuous education plays in your overall success
- Unexpected hurdles faced by panelists and what has been learned from them
- Transitioning from an educational stage of life to an entrepreneur stage
- Common myths and pitfalls to avoid.
The speakers for the panel are:
- Laine Powell | Founder & Executive Director, Tech Sassy Girlz
- Robert Reynolds | CEO, Solis Energy, Inc.
- Shane Owens | CEO, Technology Assurance Labs
- Courtney Powell | President, AceApplications, LLC
The annual IEEE-HKN Student Leadership Conference is a signature program of the society and is an opportunity for chapters to meet with other officers, members, faculty advisers, members of the Board of Governors, and staff. The conference includes opportunities for professional development, leadership training, and networking. The conference starts before 5pm Friday 13 April.
The annual IEEE-HKN Student Leadership Conference will be hosted by University of Florida in Gainsville, FL, USA. All IEEE-HKN members are invited to attend from 13 April- 15 April 2018 to meet other IEEE-HKN members from around the world and grow their professional and leadership skills while enjoying the weekend.