2020 | IEEE Summit on Sustainability
2020 March 24
The technological developments during the industrial revolution(s) have given prosperity, mobility, comfort, and increased health, making human life what it is today. Over the last decades, the impact of this progress on the climate and Earth as a whole has become clear, leading to growing awareness and the first mitigating actions being taken. Recently, the general public is showing increased concern and demands policymakers to take more concrete measures.
This IEEE Summit on Sustainability – Vision towards 2050 will bring together leading technologists and policymakers in an attempt to develop a joint vision on the policy needed to accelerate technology development contributing to sustainability and their deployment.
* The Green Deal: Through Electric Energy Transition?
* Digital for a European Green Deal
* Incentivising Tech Development
To complement the panels, the summit will also host parallel sessions focusing on particular aspects contributing to realizing the green deal. These workshops will allow participants to see the current efforts that are being taken to advance technological innovation and promote collaboration.
Panel 1 – The Green Deal: Through Electric Energy Transition?
- Adel El Gamma – Secretary-General, EERA
- Lluberes Gelem – Director of Service Agreements Power Generation, Europe, Africa, & Asia, Siemens Gas and Power – Member of the Board, Future Energy Leaders – World Energy Council
- Nikos Hatziargyriou – Professor, National Technical University of Athens – Co-chair, EU Technology and Innovation Platform on Smart Networks for Energy Transition (ETIP SNET)
- Vera Silva – Chief Technical Officer, General Electric Grid Solutions
REGISTER NOW at
The IEEE Summit on Sustainability – Vision towards 2050 falls during a crucial year in the effort towards mitigating climate change. 2020 is a year for reflection on what has been done in order to recalibrate our initiative on the decisions that need to be taken to meet the goals set for 2050. This year’s Summit will focus on bringing together policymakers and leaders in the industry to share their experiences and ideas for the future.
The summit will provide participants with an opportunity to:
Contribute to the discussion and weigh in on the policy recommendations, formulated at the end of the summit.
Hear from influential members in industry and the European Commission to gain an insight into the progress that is being made towards the Vision for 2050 and the hurdles yet to come.
Connect with progressive thinkers and game-changers during a pivotal moment in the energy sector.
Interact with some of the projects that are currently working towards the Vision for 2050 in the parallel sessions. Read More.