Bruno Meyer is a senior advisor at RTE, the French electric Transmission System Operator. From 2011 until 2016, he was CEO of ARTERIA, the telecommunications subsidiary of RTE. He joined EDF, one the world’s major utilities in 1985. Before joining RTE in 2009, he has been VP for EDF’s R&D on Transmission & Distribution, after being director of departments covering the fields of power systems and power grid technology. He has published more than 50 scientific and conference papers including a book on power system simulation. Member of the Boards of the French Society of Electrical Engineers (SEE) and of the French CIGRE National Committee. He was awarded CIGRE’s Technical Committee Award and SEE’s Ampère medal.| He is an IEEE Fellow (2008). Bruno Meyer is a member of IEEE Board of Directors (2018-2019), IEEE Technical activities Board (2018-2019) and IEEE Power & Energy Society Governing Board (2005-2008 and 2017-2019). He holds a Ph.D. from Edinburgh University, an M.Sc. University of Sao Paulo (USP) and B.Sc. from Universidade de Campinas (Unicamp).
Bruno Meyer has worked at a variety of positions at a variety of companies, including:
- Manager Business Development at RTE (the French Electric Transmission Operator), since April 2016
- CEO of ARTERIA, a telecom company. It sells services and rents fiber optics on the power grid, and is also a TowerCo for installing telecom antennas on power pylons. 2011 through March 2016.
- 2009-2010, Deputy Commercial Director at RTE
- 2007-2008, responsible for the Transmission & Distribution R&D program of EDF
- 1990 – 2007, several management positions at EDF, from R&D to Power systems design and economics or customer satisfaction
- 1985-1991, R&D engineer, author of several papers, books and software.
His IEEE Credits include:
- IEEE Fellow
- Member of the Board of Directors of the IEEE
- Member of the Governing Board of the Power & Energy
- IEEE Entrepreneurship Steering Committee
- IEEE N3XT® Stars Judge
He is a French and Brazilian citizen, and has lived in France, Switzerland, Brazil and the UK. Bruno is fluent in French, English, Portuguese, Italian and Spanish, plus has medium knowledge of German.