Company Origin Stories – Exploring Entrepreneurship
What is an Origin Story for a Nanotechnology company?
Come hear Nanotechnology company Origin Stories told by the people who lived the stories!
- Have you ever started a business?
- Have you wondered how you would do it?
- Have you ever worked at a technology start-up?
- Have you wondered what it would be like?
SFBA Nano‘s “Origin Stories” event basics:
- Begin with light dinner and refreshments, network with other attendees. (5:30 pm start)
- Origin Stories – Lightning Talks (~6:15 pm start)
- Panel Discussion (~7:40 pm start)
- Post Panel Discussion Networking
- Event Concludes (~ 9:40 pm)
Each “Origin Story – Lightning Talk” will be a 10 minute long presentation, 1/2 technology & 1/2 business.Up to 4 minutes of Q & A will follow each presentation.
Presenting Companies include:
Ajay Virkar, Co-Founder and CTO, C3Nano – transparent conductive inks and films for smarter, flexible touch sensor applications
Vivian Qu, Founder and CEO, ViaeX Technologies – technology to transform biowaste into renewable nanomaterials for water purification, industrial separation, skin care, food & beverage filtration, wound healing and more
Pavel Lazarev, Founder and CTO, Capacitor Sciences Inc – new materials technology for ultra-high energy density devices that can surpass the performance of lithium ion batteries by at least 10x in every metric
David K. Lam, Founder of Lam Research and CEO of Multibeam Corporation – developing multicolumn e-beam systems and platforms for major applications
Francois Jeanneau, President and CEO of Novasentis – creators of the world’s thinnest haptic actuator and sensor technology