2019 | PowerAfrica Conference
The IEEE Power and Energy Society (PES), Industrial Applications Society (IAS) and IEEE Nigeria Section are pleased to announce Call for Papers for the 6th IEEE PowerAfrica 2019 Conference with the theme: “Power Economics and Energy Innovations in Africa” to be held in Nigeria during August 20th -23rd, 2019. IEEE PowerAfrica 2019 is a premier conference providing a forum for research scientists, engineers, and practitioners to present and discuss latest research findings, ideas, and emerging technologies and applications in the area of power systems integrations, business models, technological advances, policies and regulatory frameworks for the African continent. IEEE PowerAfrica 2019 will include keynote addresses and invited presentations by distinguished scientists and engineers within the context of the SPES vis-à-vis Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
While previous editions of the conference has been held in Johannesburg, South Africa (’07 and ’12), Livingston, Zambia (’16), Accra, Ghana (‘2017), Cape Town, South Africa (’18), the 2019 edition of the power Africa conference will be in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Special Session: Entrepreneurship with Ken Stauffer
- Smart Energy Regulation and Policy
- Smart Grid Design and Security
- Smart Technology Application
- Electrical Safety and Industry Standards
- Industrial Renewable Energy
- Challenges and Opportunities of Accessible Power
- Micro Grid Technology & Operation
- Opportunities for the Private Sector