Los Angeles, California
LA New Mobility Challenge
If you know a startup in your network that is eligible to the criteria below, please invite them to apply for the challenge now!
The five focus areas of the Challenge are:
- Shared Mobility – Ride sharing, car sharing, short-term, as needed mobility solutions
- Personal Mobility – Bikes, scooters, skateboards, individual modes of transit
- Electrification – Electric vehicles, charging systems, energy storage
- Autonomous Vehicles – AI, LIDAR, smart mapping, vehicle integration
- Smart Infrastructure – Smart parking, IoT, traffic systems, MaaS
Applicant startups must have the following characteristics:
- Be less than five years old
- Revenues of less than $5 million
- Product in pilot, beta, or prototype stage
Three companies will be selected per category to attend the event. One winner will be selected per category, as well as an overall winner for the whole event. The online application will include uploading presentation materials.
During LA CoMotion on November 15-19, shortlisted companies will be provided exhibition space at no cost adjacent to relevant content sessions. The fifteen shortlisted startups will perform fast pitches before or after relevant panels, and take part in a live judging session including LA CoMotion Advisory Council members, advisors, and LA CoMotion partners.
The finalists will repeat their fast pitches at a showcase event where the category winners and the overall winner will be announced.
All finalists will:
- Receive exhibit space and inclusion in the conference at no cost;
- Exhibit in the public Expo on November 17th and 18th as well as on the Street of the Future under design by Gensler
- Have the chance to win $15,000 as the challenge champion and $2,500 per category winner
- Receive in-kind support from sponsors or partners
- Get membership to LACI’s business incubation program
- Have access to the La Kretz Innovation Campus, and/or equipment use in LACI’s Advanced Prototyping Center.