Intellectual Property can be a very confusing subject when you are a new entrepreneur strapped for cash. The goal of this edition of the Demystifying Series is to demystify Intellectual Property and show how it can benefit technology startups and entrepreneurs. We will be talking with both an IP expert and an entrepreneur who filed and received a patent(s).
Our discussion focuses on some of the following questions.
- What are all the different tools one can use for Intellectual Property protection – Copyright, Trademark, Patent, NDA, etc.?
- How does one select the best option for your idea/product?
- How long does each option take to get, and how much does it cost?
- What does each option protect you from?
- Is it worth the cost?
- What can one do to reduce the cost?