2020 | IEEE WIE ILC
2020 May 19 – 20
(originally scheduled San Diego, California, USA)
Launched 7 years ago, the IEEE Women in Engineering International Leadership Conference (IEEE WIE ILC) provides professional women in technology, whether in industry, academia, or government, the opportunity to create communities that fuel innovation, facilitate knowledge sharing and provide support through highly interactive sessions designed to foster discussion and collaboration.
Listen to 2020 Immediate Past Chair on the 2020 IEEE Entrepreneurship Steering Committee, Samantha Snabes, and Marcela Fujiy discuss topics in engineering-driven entrepreneurship during 2019 | IEEE WIE ILC. IEEE WIE ILC focuses on providing leading-edge professional development for mid-level and senior women.
This year’s IEEE WIE ILC will take place in San Diego, California, USA, on May 19-20, 2020.
About IEEE WIE
IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) is a global network of IEEE members and volunteers dedicated to promoting women engineers and scientists, and inspiring girls around the world to follow their academic interests in a career in engineering and science.
IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.
Mission & Vision
Our goal is to facilitate the recruitment and retention of women in technical disciplines globally. We envision a vibrant community of IEEE women and men collectively using their diverse talents to innovate for the benefit of humanity.
IEEE WIE strives to
- Provide assistance with the formation of new IEEE WIE Affinity Groups and support ongoing activities.
- Recognize the outstanding achievements of women in electrical and electronics engineering through IEEE Awards nominations.
- Organize workshops at major technical conferences to enhance networking and to promote membership in IEEE WIE.
- Advocate for women in leadership roles in IEEE governance and career advancement for women in the profession.
- Promote member grade advancement for women to the IEEE membership grades of Senior Member and Fellow.
- Facilitate the development of programs and activities that promote entry into, and retention of, women in engineering programs.
- Administer the IEEE Student-Teacher and Research Engineer/Scientist (STAR) Program to mentor young women in junior high and high schools.