Photo Left to right – Founding General Partner Andy Chen, Staff Executive Mary Ward-Callan
For the second year in a row, leaders from IEEE Entrepreneurship and the IEEE Singapore Section hosted an IEEE N3XT® Stars Selection during Slingshot in Singapore. Slingshot is part of the Singapore Week of Innovation and Technology (SWITCH), organized by the National Research Foundation (NRF) and Enterprise Singapore (ESG).
Slingshot included 2,400 start-up competitors from over 120 countries. Applicants included Technology companies with product minimally in the prototype stage and many already in-market in the following six sectors:
- Consumer Products & Services, Media & Advertising, Retail & Food Services
- FinTech & Insurance Tech
- FoodTech & AgriTech
- HealthTech, BioTech & MedTech
- Manufacturing, Logistics & Transportation
- Urban Solutions, Sustainability & Energy
In October, the top 100 finalists were selected and the IEEE N3XT® Stars Judging Team was given access to the finalist application in preparation for IEEE review and selection.
Slingshot is known as “The Start-up Competition” event of Asia Pacific.
The IEEE Team and IEEE N3XT® Stars Program Judges included:
- Kush Agarwal, Co-Founder | Synapse Technologies, SmartClean Technologies, WaveScan Technologies
- Leo Hwa Chiang, Director of Singapore Operations | IEEE
- Randi S. Sumner, Sr. Director | IEEE Entrepreneurship
- Andy Chen, Founding General Partner | REDDS Capital
- Haymon Sinapius, Investment Manager | Bernhard Schulte INNOPORT
IEEE Judges scrutinized the top 100 finalists and selected four tech start-ups to join the 2019 IEEE N3XT® Stars.
Candidate ventures were chosen based upon the engineering-driven innovation at their core, as well as their alignment with the IEEE core purpose to foster technology, innovation, and excellence for the benefit of humanity. These Stars exemplify each of these traits.
- Biopsin |microbial detection system that provides gold standard detection of pathogens for F&B, water, consumer goods, and pharmaceutical products in real-time.
- Revivobio | enabling new assays on tissue explants and 3D cell cultures
- Eurekarobotics | deliver robotic solutions and software to automate tasks that require high accuracy and high agility. Applications include handling, assembly, drilling and inspection
- Flug-auto | near-instant delivery of goods via drone helicopters for B2B logistics providers. The last-mile delivery.
Congratulations to our IEEE N3XT® Stars!